133 FIRSTSTEPS with Digital Storytelling
FIRSTSTEPS with Digital Storytelling is a hands on course designed for teachers who are ready to extend their writing programme using digital stories. Develop basic digital storytelling skills and learn how to use a variety of tools to enhance students’ work.
This is a platform-agnostic course – Google AND Microsoft schools are welcome.
Improve your knowledge and understanding of best practice, and pick up useful tips for:
- Engaging reluctant writers using meaningful digital contexts;
- Using video, photography, music, sound effects and narration to enhance stories and projects;
- Sharing students’ work with the school community;
- Continuing the traditions of storytelling in Aotearoa New Zealand.
This is a hands on, practical, bring your own device course.
- Level: FIRSTSTEPS (a good basic course for those new to the technology)
- Prerequisite: none
- What to bring to the course: iPads, laptops or tablets
- Course cost: $145 + GST per person, per course
If you or another registered course attendee are unable to attend, you may send a replacement in your place. Should you wish to cancel at least ten working days from the course, a refund will be given, less an administration feel of $25 + GST per registered course attendee, providing we receive notification of the cancellation by email to . There are no refunds for ‘no shows’ or cancellations made less than ten working days prior to a course.