134 FIRSTSTEPS The Nuts and Bolts of SAMR
The SAMR model was first observed by Dr. Ruben Puentedura. It is a useful model for analysing how teachers integrate technology into the classroom.
In FIRSTSTEPS: The Nuts and Bolts of SAMR we will:
- Examine the SAMR model;
- Consider lesson plans and analyse them through the SAMR lens;
- Build learning tasks that operate at each of the SAMR layers;
- Learn how to use existing technology to improve student outcomes.
This is a hands-on, practical, bring your own device class.
- Level: FIRSTSTEPS (a good basic course for those new to the technology).
- Prerequisite: none.
- What to bring to the course: A laptop, set up with a Google Account. Any passwords needed to access the laptop.
- Course cost: $145 + GST per person, per course.
- Enquiries: .
If you or another registered course attendee are unable to attend, you may send a replacement in your place. Should you wish to cancel at least ten working days from the course, a refund will be given, less an administration feel of $25 + GST per registered course attendee, providing we receive notification of the cancellation by email to . There are no refunds for ‘no shows’ or cancellations made less than ten working days prior to a course.