361 FLYINGHIGH Connecting with the Community using MailChimp
FLYINGHIGH Connecting with the Community using MailChimp is designed for senior management or admin staff that take care of parent communication. MailChimp is a free email marketing tool that schools can use to communicate with parents, staff and the wider community. It has advantages over using Outlook, Gmail, or your Student Management System. These include:
- Analytics: schools know whether emails have been read by parents and links clicked on;
- Messages are attractive and readable on smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops;
- Emails can be scheduled ahead of time (send a reminder about mufti at 5pm the night before).
This level 3 course is not for the faint-hearted. A working knowledge of your school’s SMS (Student Management System – Etap, KAMAR, Edge…) is required.
In this session we will show you how to:
- Set up MailChimp for the school;
- Create lists of contacts;
- Create and send test messages;
- Track analytics.
This is a hands-on, practical, bring your own device class. This is a platform-agnostic course – Google AND Microsoft schools are welcome.
- Level: FLYINGHIGH (an advanced course for those who have completed a NEXTSTEPS course or have a similar level of prior exposure to the technology).
- Prerequisites: A working knowledge of your school’s SMS (Student Management System – Etap, KAMAR, Edge…) is required.
- What to bring to the course: A laptop, set up with a Google Account. Any passwords needed to access the laptop.
- Course cost: $145 + GST per person, per course.
- Enquiries: .
If you or another registered course attendee are unable to attend, you may send a replacement in your place. Should you wish to cancel at least ten working days from the course, a refund will be given, less an administration feel of $25 + GST per registered course attendee, providing we receive notification of the cancellation by email to . There are no refunds for ‘no shows’ or cancellations made less than ten working days prior to a course.