363 FLYINGHIGH Working Towards Online Assessment
A number of quiz platforms have emerged recently, such as Kahoots, Socrative, and Flubaroo. Teachers are using Kahoots for high-engagement class games; Socrative for deeper, more thoughtful recall; and Flubaroo for higher-stakes assessment.
FLYINGHIGH Working Towards Online Assessment is not for the faint-hearted. This level 3 course will take an inquiry approach by:
- Creating quizzes in all three platforms;
- Analysing results in a spreadsheet;
- Looking at each platform and assessing the benefits of each.
This is a hands-on, practical, bring your own laptop class. This is a platform-agnostic course – Google AND Microsoft Schools are welcome.
- Level: FLYINGHIGH (an advanced course for those who have completed a NEXTSTEPS course or have a similar level of prior exposure to the technology).
- Prerequisites: none.
- What to bring to the course: A laptop. Any passwords needed to access the laptop.
- Course cost: $145 + GST per person, per course.
- Enquiries: .
If you or another registered course attendee are unable to attend, you may send a replacement in your place. Should you wish to cancel at least ten working days from the course, a refund will be given, less an administration feel of $25 + GST per registered course attendee, providing we receive notification of the cancellation by email to . There are no refunds for ‘no shows’ or cancellations made less than ten working days prior to a course.