206 NEXTSTEPS with Google Classroom
Google Classroom is part of the Google Apps for Education suite which is now available to all schools. It brings together Google Drive, Google Docs and Gmail to help teachers create and organise assignments and communicate with students; all without any paper and available anyplace, anytime and on any device.
Google Classroom has had several major updates in the last two years. This course will go over the basics of using it with students at years 3 – 13, as well more advanced areas such as:
- Archiving the class at the end of the year;
- Reusing last year’s learning tasks;
- Multiple teachers;
- Assisting teachers who need support;
- Using Google Classroom for appraisal;
- Markbook functionality and effective assessments at any level;
- Dealing with NCEA moderation.
This is a hands-on, practical and collaborative ‘bring your own device’ class.
- Level: NEXTSTEPS (an intermediate course for those who have completed a FIRSTSTEPS course or have a similar level of prior exposure to the technology).
- Prerequisite: FIRSTSTEPS with Google Apps or several years of experience with Google Apps.
- What to bring to the course: A laptop, set up with a Google Account. You will also need Google Classroom enabled in Google Admin. Any passwords needed to access the laptop.
- Course cost: $145 + GST per person, per course.
- Enquiries: .
If you or another registered course attendee are unable to attend, you may send a replacement in your place. Should you wish to cancel at least ten working days from the course, a refund will be given, less an administration feel of $25 + GST per registered course attendee, providing we receive notification of the cancellation by email to . There are no refunds for ‘no shows’ or cancellations made less than ten working days prior to a course.