205 NEXTSTEPS with Google Sites
Google Sites is an intuitive way to create websites for students or staff. Sites are attractive, highly customisable, and look good on mobile devices. An intranet is a website for internal use only – it’s only visible to people who have a Google Apps account for your school.
In NEXTSTEPS with Google Sites, we’ll combine these two ideas and learn how to create a:
- staff site – with calendars, documentation and procedures;
- class site – with learning resources, homework and discussions;
- ePortfolio – where students can share their learning with whanau;
- parent portal – a window into the classroom, show casing student work in galleries and embedded Google Docs;
- school website – the first point of contact for many parents, including community calendars, sign-up forms and surveys, and policy documents.
- Course Level: NEXTSTEPS (an intermediate course for those who have completed a FIRSTSTEPS course or have a similar level of prior exposure to the technology).
- Prerequisite: FIRSTSTEPS with Google Apps or several years of experience with Google Apps.
- What to bring to the course: A laptop, set up with a Google Account. Any passwords needed to access the laptop.
- Course cost: $145 + GST per person, per course
- Enquiries: .
If you or another registered course attendee are unable to attend, you may send a replacement in your place. Should you wish to cancel at least ten working days from the course, a refund will be given, less an administration feel of $25 + GST per registered course attendee, providing we receive notification of the cancellation by email to . There are no refunds for ‘no shows’ or cancellations made less than ten working days prior to a course.